Education-Early Childhood Education - ECE 265
Early Childhood Advanced Practical Experiences
4 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Off-site Hours with Faculty10 Off-site Hours without Faculty
Students will have a supervised practical experience working directly with children in an early childhood preschool classroom. Students will spend 150 hours over the semester in their practical field placement. They will have increased responsibility planning and implementing activities for children as well as directing the overall day. Emphasis will be placed on working as a contributing member of a teaching team. Michigan Central Registry Clearance by the Michigan Department of Human Services and a current TB test are required for this course. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ECE 135 with a minimum grade of 2.5.
- ECE 145 with a minimum grade of 2.5.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create a positive learning environment for children.
- Demonstrate professional work ethics.
- Plan an appropriate curriculum to meet the developmental needs of a group of children.
- Write developmentally appropriate activity plans.
- Select appropriate teaching materials.
- Implement an appropriate curriculum to meet the developmental needs of a group of children.
- Evaluate teaching performance based upon the engagement of the children.
- Demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviors conducive to healthy child development.
- Interpret the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
- Assess children based upon observation and documentation.
- Illustrate the ability to share appropriate content and developmental knowledge with families.
- Employ effective teamwork skills.
| ||265||110306||Adv Practical Exper||MC||4||Malafouris E||9/12/0||Open||$42.00||R 01:00 PM-02:54 PM LA240
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday