We work with military personnel and their families.
Have a rewarding Schoolcraft experience.Learn More & Apply
We help with VA services and benefits
Get assistance with transcripts and other documents
Plan your program of study
Conveniently located in the heart of campus, our Mark L. Whitfield Veterans & Military Services Center provides assistance to veterans and current military members to help them become thriving students at Schoolcraft College. Our mission is to help you navigate the enrollment process by assisting with transcripts and other materials as well as make sure you’re aware of any eligible VA benefits or scholarships.
We are honored to work with military personnel and their families and are able to provide assistance with just about everything you need to begin and continue as a student. The Mark L. Whitfield Veterans & Military Services Center is a warm, welcoming environment that features:
- Computers and laptop stations along with a printer for completing homework.
- The Masco Command Post lounge which is a dedicated space for veterans to relax in between classes in reclining chairs, watch TV, and enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages. This lounge also features a kitchen area with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and sink.
- Small conference room that can be used for meeting with representatives from military organizations, as a quiet study area, or for veteran student organization meetings.
- Lending Library to check out donated textbooks for use throughout the semester.
- Schedule an appointment by calling 734-462-4352.
- If you have unofficial college transcripts that you want to discuss during your phone appointment, please scan and send to [email protected] (official copies still need to be sent to the Records Office for evaluation).
- Please visit gibill.va.gov for updates on VA benefits and processing.
“The Veterans & Military Services Center is a place where conversations of mutually shared military experiences take place and are understood and appreciated. The center provided invaluable support and encouragement for both me and my fellow veterans.” -Tulu
“The Veterans & Military Services staff are very knowledgeable and helped guide me through the transition to academic life continually providing encouragement through the adjustment. The center has provided a dedicated space for veterans to unwind, study, and grab a cup of coffee or snack. I encourage all military students to explore the center’s offerings.” -Adrien
“If I had any advice for anyone, especially veterans looking to start college, I’d say: find a career you would be okay with doing the rest of your life and go for it. You are never too old. I would recommend any veteran looking to start at Schoolcraft College to use the Veterans & Military Services Center as they are your own personal resource that other students don’t have access to.” -Lauren
Call 734-462-4352 for an appointment
Scan your transcripts to [email protected]
Go to va.gov for VA benefits updates
It’s an honor to work with such an amazing group of individuals each day! Thank you for your service and sacrifices so that we can live in a free country.
Brent Landau, Veterans Resource Center