Psychology - PSYCH 153
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is designed particularly for students in the career curricula. The course focuses upon a better understanding of human behavior as related to interpersonal relations on the job. Foundations of human behavior; strategies for effective human relations; fundamental skills of working as a team leader and team member; and ways of anticipating, preventing and coping with challenges of human relations are major areas of study.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify key concepts in human relations.
- Examine self-concept and self-esteem in human relations.
- Describe self-awareness and self-disclosure in the workplace.
- Explain the relationship between attitudes and values in human relations.
- Examine theories of motivation.
- Evaluate the role of communication in the workplace.
- Examine leadership styles and strategies.
- Identify the characteristics of emotional intelligence.
- Identify strategies to manage anger and defensiveness.
- Examine life changes, personal change and organizational change.
- Identify creativity in the workplace.
- Examine types and sources of conflict, styles of conflict management and conflict resolution techniques.
- Identify causes and sources of stress, costs of stress in the workplace and coping mechanisms.
- Explain how a diverse society affects human relations.
- Explain ethics and social responsibility.
- Identify characteristics of a productive workplace.
- Explore human resource management practices, including interviewing and appraising employees.
| ||153||112739||Human Relations||ONL||3||Johnson K||0/31/2||Closed||$12.00||
| ||153||112140||Human Relations||RMT||3||Czar G||0/31/0||Closed||$12.00||T R 12:00 PM-01:40 PM WEBWEB
| ||153||112335||Human Relations||ONL||3||Hoffmann W||0/31/3||Closed||$12.00||
| ||153||112436||Human Relations||ONL||3||Hoffmann W||0/31/4||Closed||$12.00||
| ||153||112712||Human Relations||ONL||3||Johnson K||0/31/3||Closed||$12.00||
| ||153||112105||Human Relations||RMT||3||Schulz-Perez K||3/31/0||Open||$12.00||M 09:30 AM-12:24 PM WEBWEB
| ||153||112133||Human Relations||RMT||3||Schulz-Perez K||0/31/2||Closed||$12.00||M W 01:00 PM-02:20 PM WEBWEB
| ||153||112150||Human Relations||RMT||3||Jones S||10/31/0||Open||$12.00||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||153||112447||Human Relations||ONL||3||Jackson L||2/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||153||112923||Human Relations||ONL||3||Jackson L||2/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday