Physical Education - PE 147
3 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
This course will introduce the student to proper resistance, cardiovascular, flexibility and neuromotor exercise techniques. Instructional method options will be introduced to facilitate teaching in both one-on-one and group exercise settings. This class will also provide instruction in how to lead and manage group exercise classes.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Teach standardized exercise techniques in a one-on-one setting.
- Explain how specific exercise selection targets specific body anatomy.
- Explain various exercise technique principles as they relate to exercising safely.
- Demonstrate accepted resistance training spotting techniques.
- Identify "best method" practices in leading group exercise classes.
- Teach standardized exercise techniques in a group setting.
- Correct member/client exercise technique errors.
- Distinguish primary and secondary muscles for specific exercises.
- Apply exercise technique modifications to accommodate varied ability levels.
- Demonstrate multiple resistance training exercises targeting the same muscle group.
- Compare pros/cons of varied modes of cardiovascular exercise.
- Differentiate types of flexibility training.
- Describe neuromotor balance exercise progressions.
| ||147||145947||Exercise Techniques||HYBMC||3||Papineau M||13/20/0||Open||$47.00||T R 02:00 PM-03:26 PM PE100
T R 02:00 PM-03:26 PM PE120
| ||147||115947||Exercise Techniques||MC||3||Papineau M||7/12/0||Open||$47.00||T 01:30 PM-02:56 PM PE100
R 01:30 PM-02:56 PM PE100
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday