History - HIST 138
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is a survey of the main themes in the history of the world in the last hundred years: the Eurocentric world order of 1900; World War I, communist revolution and fascist counter-revolution; the settlements of the 1920s and the renewal of world crisis in the 1930s; World War II and the onset of the Cold War in the 1940s-1960s; erosion and collapse of the postwar order in the 1970s-1980s; and the contemporary world order in historical context.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear, factual understanding of the historical development of contemporary world history.
- Evaluate the human experience as it relates to the historical period covered by the course.
- Analyze the role geography played in the historical period covered by the course.
- Relate the human experience—using history—to contemporary times.
- Analyze historical evidence of the human experience/culture for the period covered by the course.
- Distinguish between historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Incorporate historical artifacts and other scholarly sources concerning history into their writing and research.
- Demonstrate digital literacy, especially as it relates to the study of history.
- Compare and contrast the impact of the wars and revolutions occurring during the period covered by the course.
- Illustrate the contemporary world order in a historical context.
| ||138||141607||Contemporary World||RMT||3||Stegich E||2/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 08:00 AM-09:40 AM WEBWEB
| ||138||141606||Contemporary World||RMT||3||Stegich E||4/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 12:00 PM-01:20 PM WEBWEB
| ||138||141611||Contemporary World||RMT||3||Swope M||17/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 12:00 PM-01:20 PM WEBWEB
| ||138||141658||Contemporary World||RMT||3||McDonald P||11/24/0||Open||$12.00||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||138||111626||Contemporary World||RMT||3||Lark K||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 11:30 AM-12:50 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday