English - ENG 50
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is designed to prepare students for composition courses. The course content focuses on major grammatical concepts and writing. Students will develop basic writing and editing skills.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Minimum score of 10 ACT-English, 17 SAT-Writing and Language, 35 CPT-Sentence Skills or 220 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify parts of speech correctly: nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, prepositions and conjunctions.
- Identify sentence parts correctly: subjects, verbs, phrases and clauses.
- Express complete thoughts using simple, compound, complex and compound/complex sentences.
- Apply conventional punctuation correctly to all types of sentences.
- Use a dictionary and thesaurus to identify word types and build vocabulary.
- Compose well developed paragraphs.
- Revise paragraphs for coherence, accuracy and clarity.
- Edit paragraphs for sentence skills: grammar, spelling, punctuation and word choice.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop proficiency in modern grammar.
| ||050||111553||Mod English Grammar||RMT||3||Zorn L||13/30/0||Open||$12.00||T 06:00 PM-09:38 PM WEBWEB
| ||050||118600||Mod English Grammar||RMT||3||Zorn L||0/30/0||Closed||$22.00||M W 10:00 AM-11:46 AM WEBWEB
| ||050||111502||Mod English Grammar||RMT||3||Schell D||2/30/0||Open||$12.00||T R 02:30 PM-03:50 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday