Culinary Arts - CUL 360
2 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have an advanced understanding of the purchasing cycle, business control plans, competitive bidding techniques, purchasing specifications, cash control, budgetary planning, equipment purchasing, cost controls, bidding and receiving. This will be accomplished using industry specific software designed to create a more profitable business operation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Prepare purchasing specifications.
- Evaluate revenue-generating services.
- Prepare detailed specifications for capital purchases.
- Examine the purchase of food and supplies.
- Review cost of menus against budget and guidelines.
- Recommend cost-effective procedures.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday