Culinary Arts - CUL 143
3 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours4 Laboratory Hours
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to apply dining room procedures which include: identifying the seven service types, basic hot and cold beverage services, professional ethics, good self-image, dependability, attitude, dedication, understanding the art and science of employee relationships and the value of customer relationships.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate proper dining room procedures.
- Identify American service and its elements.
- Identify French service and its elements.
- Identify Russian service and its elements.
- Identify English or Butler service and its elements.
- Identify Family Style service and its elements.
- Identify Buffet service and its elements.
- Identify laws pertaining to the purchase and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Explain the basic production process for distillation and fermentation.
- Explain the opening and closing procedures of a beverage operation.
- Outline the fundamentals and importance of responsible alcoholic service.
- Identify levels of intoxication and methods to control excessive consumption by guests.
- Explain the DRAM Shop Act and liquor liability.
- Explain the procedures for implementing internal beverage control.
- Explain the tools needed for proper wine service.
- Demonstrate the steps of proper wine service.
- Compare the proper glassware needed for red wine, white wine and champagne.
- Practice hot and cold beverage service.
- Explain proper temperatures for food service.
- Explain the role of front of the house service necessary for a successful restaurant.
- Explain the rapport between the front and back of the house.
- Demonstrate professional ethics: good self-image, dependability, attitude and dedication.
- Demonstrate food safety and sanitation skills.
- Assess the customer's needs during service.
- Demonstrate front of the house computer knowledge.
- Summarize daily menus and desserts to guests.
| ||143||113729||Dining Rm Service||MC||3||Misiak C||0/7/0||Closed||$408.00||T W R F 10:45 AM-02:20 PM VT690
| ||143||113738||Dining Rm Service||MC||3||Staff||0/7/0||Closed||$408.00||T W R F 10:45 AM-02:20 PM VT690
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday