Art and Design - ART 201
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course provides an introduction to the vast and complex world of the visual arts produced throughout history. Students will explore the art, artifact and architecture created in "prehistoric" times through the early 21st century. Students will also investigate various methods and materials utilized by artists, makers and builders throughout time.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of various art forms.
- Interpret works of art using appropriate visual arts terminology and concepts.
- Explain the role the visual arts have played throughout history and across cultures.
- Compare art from many cultures and time periods.
- Differentiate between the media and processes used to create art.
- Investigate the major themes and purposes of art.
- Explore how artists have used two- and three-dimensional media throughout history and across cultures.
| ||201||140210||Art Appreciation||RMT||3||Imirzian P||19/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 10:00 AM-11:26 AM WEBWEB
| ||201||142338||Art Appreciation||ONL||3||Pelc-Church N||1/20/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||201||112307||Art Appreciation||ONL||3||Sarris S||23/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||201||112332||Art Appreciation||ONL||3||Sarris S||20/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday