Massage Therapy - MAS 135
Business and Professional Skills 3 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
The third of three courses, this is the capstone course for the non-technical skills necessary for success in the workplace. In this interactive course, students will identify personal and professional goals as well as clarify visions and values for their massage practice. Students will explore career options and concepts as they enhance customer service principles. Students will acquire an understanding of ethical business procedures and employment structures. Research literacy and the impact of scientific research on the massage profession will also be addressed.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the various aspects of a business practice.
- Develop strategies for a successful business or employment situation.
- Assess the benefits of participating in ongoing professional activities.
- Evaluate continuing education opportunities for professional development.
- Identify elements of a practical and effective therapeutic environment.
- Educate the general public about massage therapy.
- Create a professional portfolio.
- Compare strategies for effective management of the work environment.
- Document activities for community service events.
- Demonstrate research literacy.
| ||135||247805||Bus & Prof Skills 3||Hybrid||3||Drescosky K||$12.00||18/18/0||Open||F 09:00 AM-12:54 PM RC275
| ||135||227850||Bus & Prof Skills 3||Hybrid||3||Drescosky K||$12.00||17/18/0||Open||S 09:00 AM-01:00 PM RC275
S 02:00 PM-05:54 PM RC275