Our History and Mission
Schoolcraft is a comprehensive, open door, community-based college. The mission of the college is to provide a transformational learning experience designed to increase the capacity of individuals and groups to achieve intellectual, social, and economic goals. Schoolcraft Scholars, an honors program, is designed to provide talented, academically-motivated students with an enhanced educational experience.
In an environment that promotes scholarship and community, Scholars enjoy frequent interaction with peers and honors faculty. They are challenged to grow intellectually, increase their awareness of the society around them, question the status quo, think critically, work collaboratively, and become involved in the community through service-learning projects.
Why become a Schoolcraft Scholar?
- Receive tuition scholarships
- Wear Scholars regalia at commencement
- Enjoy a Scholars graduation banquet
- Receive Honors designation on Schoolcraft College transcripts
- Combine honors with most majors
- Take courses that examine values and social issues
- Work closely with honors faculty
- Enjoy guest speakers, conferences and field trips
- Receive detailed advising and transfer counseling
- Transfer directly into four-year honors programs
- Work with community groups such as ConnectUs, St. Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital, and many more!
- Make valuable career contacts
- Receive recognition at commencement
- Be accepted as a student at Schoolcraft College
- Have a minimum high school or college grade-point average of 3.5
- Submit the online application, including essay questions and letters of recommendation, at www.schoolcraft.edu/scholarshipsearch (details below)
High school students, including dual and special enrolled students, are not eligible to participate in the Scholars Honors Program. Please refer to the college catalog for information on High School Enrollment Options.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application at www.schoolcraft.edu/scholarshipsearch
- You will need to complete the general application first: click on the yellow “Sign In” button, sign in using your Schoolcraft College username and SCmail password.
- Once you have completed the General Application, under “Recommended Opportunities,” click on the orange “APPLY” button next to Schoolcraft Scholars Honors Program and complete all the required fields.
- Upload two letters of recommendation: from professors, employers, or others who have known you professionally, academically, or as a volunteer.
After your application packet has been reviewed, we will request your transcript from our Records Office to verify your GPA. If all is in order, we will schedule an interview with you. You will be notified about your acceptance status after your interview.