Collegiate Skills - COLLS 211
Electronic Portfolio - Exit Course (1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
This course concludes the process of building the Schoolcraft College Electronic Portfolio begun in COLLS 111. Students will review their college learning experience as well as collect, organize and reflect upon evidence that they have developed attitudes, skills, knowledge and abilities associated with a generally educated person during that experience. Students will create personal program-level portfolios following the college’s specified guidelines that demonstrate their academic achievements and showcase what they have to offer as Schoolcraft College graduates. The college may select a sample of the portfolios produced for assessment of institutional or program outcomes.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Assume responsibility for the completion and submission of his/her own Schoolcraft College E-Portfolio.
- Explain the expectations of the learning experiences he/she has encountered in college courses and programs, evidenced through demonstrable components of the Electronic Portfolio, including General Education and Core Ability requirements.
- Select appropriate examples of student work and performances that demonstrate evidence of successful learning outcomes.
- Justify why the examples of work were selected and considered representative of the College's Core Abilities and General Education requirements.
- Demonstrate a sufficient familiarity with computer use, file manipulation and Microsoft PowerPoint software to manage a basic Schoolcraft College electronic portfolio.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.