Computer Information Systems - CIS 267
Home Technology Integration (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to introduce the student to networking technologies, audio visual systems, automation methods and telecommunication techniques that converge in integrated home technology. The student will practice installing and maintaining a home networking system.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Computer experience recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize the basic communications terminology.
- Diagram a home network and its functions.
- Examine telecommunications technology.
- Specify information distribution requirements in a home network.
- Compare various network topologies and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain wired and wireless network types.
- Explain various types of wireless protocols that can be used in home LANs.
- Diagnose a home network for common problems.
- Construct and configure a home network.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.