Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 213
Advanced 2D Animation (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides an in-depth exposure to 2D animation. Students will learn and extend their skills in a variety of 2D animation and visual communication techniques. Students will learn to manage a large scale 2D animation project by creating a project for computer-based training, marketing or entertainment. Students should have a working knowledge of keyframe/tweening techniques before beginning this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A grade of 2.0 or higher in CGT 141 or equivalent experience with 2D animation software.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply good project management skills.
- Create storyboards, flowcharts, prototypes, rough cuts and pencil tests for use in the creation of 2D animation projects.
- Modify content as necessary to allocate memory effectively.
- Employ a professional production process in the creation of complex animation projects.
- Apply good design and typographic skills to screen-based projects.
- Create appropriate raster and vector graphics for use in screen-based projects.
- Apply a variety of 2D animation and “camera” techniques to create effective stories or visual messages.
- Import graphics and sound with attention to file size and format to ensure adequate playback speed.
- Create animation for Web computer-based projects.
| ||213||119352||Adv 2D Animation|| ||3||Voyles T||$42.00||17/22/0||Open||R 07:00 PM-09:52 PM AS210