Music - MUSIC 153
Music Theory 1 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Harmonic progression; chords of root position, first inversion and second inversion will be examined in this course. Phrase structure and cadences will be introduced. Technique of harmonization and non-harmonic tones will be explored.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Read music fundamentals.
- Write music fundamentals.
- Demonstrate increased speed in reading and writing music fundamentals throughout the course.
- Partwrite in root position.
- Partwrite using inversions.
- Construct seventh chords in all forms and inversions.
- Harmonize a chorale-like melody.
- Partwrite non-harmonic tones.
- Analyze the harmonic content of music excerpts.
| ||153||141839||Music Theory 1|| ||3||Polot B||$12.00||10/20/0||Open||
|M W ||08:00 AM-09:20 AM||F300|