Mathematics - MATH 47
Prealgebra (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Topics covered in this course include an introduction to variables, integers and algebraic expressions; simplifying algebraic expressions involving integers, fractions and decimals; solving algebraic equations involving integers, fractions, decimals and percents; ratio and proportions; applications using basic concepts from geometry; and introduction to graphing via point-plotting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 45 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 16 ACT-Math, 22 SAT-Math, 60 CPT-Arithmetic, 240 NGA-Arithmetic or 220 NGA-Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics.
- Competence in arithmetic without the aid of a calculator.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving integers.
- Apply order of operations to mathematical problems.
- Solve linear equations involving integers, fractions and decimals.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Solve proportion problems.
- Solve problems involving perimeter, area, volume and the Pythagorean theorem.
- Translate English expressions into mathematical expressions.
- Graph linear equations by plotting points.
- Simplify expressions using properties of exponents.
- Simplify fractional expressions.
- Evaluate algebraic expressions.
- Factor the greatest common factor (GCF) from a polynomial expression.
- Apply the prime factorization method to greatest common factor (GCF) or least common multiple (LCM) problems.
| ||047||142447||Prealgebra||Online||3||Stetson B||$17.00||6/31/0||Open||
| ||047||142450||Prealgebra||Online||3||Stetson B||$17.00||16/31/0||Open||
| ||047||143002||Prealgebra|| ||3||Street S||$12.00||2/28/0||Open||M W 01:00 PM-02:20 PM BTC170
| ||047||143010||Prealgebra|| ||3||Moran K||$12.00||16/28/0||Open||M W 02:30 PM-03:50 PM BTC165
| ||047||143013||Prealgebra|| ||3||Rainey A||$12.00||0/28/2||Closed||M W 12:30 PM-01:50 PM LA110
| ||047||143016||Prealgebra|| ||3||Johnson D||$12.00||8/28/0||Open||M W 02:00 PM-03:20 PM LA110
| ||047||143056||Prealgebra|| ||3||Meehan G||$12.00||8/28/0||Open||M W 07:30 PM-08:50 PM LA100
| ||047||246009||Prealgebra|| ||3||Shields K||$12.00||21/30/0||Open||M W 09:00 AM-10:20 AM RC680
| ||047||246112||Prealgebra|| ||3||Carley D||$12.00||16/31/0||Open||T R 11:00 AM-12:20 PM RC685