World Languages (Italian) - ITAL 101
Elementary Italian 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is intended for students who have no previous education in Italian. The course will cover basic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the Italian culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning Italian texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in beginning Italian.
- Discriminate distinctive beginning Italian sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken beginning Italian.
- Pronounce beginning Italian words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak beginning Italian clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning Italian vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of beginning Italian grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in beginning Italian through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of beginning Italian and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this beginning Italian course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Italian language and culture.
| ||101||140410||Elementary Italian 1|| ||4||Borroni L||$12.00||11/25/0||Open||M W 10:00 AM-11:54 AM LA430
| ||101||110420||Elementary Italian 1|| ||4||Borroni L||$12.00||19/25/0||Open||M W 11:00 AM-12:54 PM LA130