English - ENG 206
Creative Writing (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Student creative writing may include work in poetry, short stories and drama. Some assignments will reflect student interests and abilities, while others may encourage students to expand their skills and discover new topics. Class activities will include critical evaluation of student work in individual conferences and writing workshops. The course may include work on individual writing projects.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum score of 22 ACT-English, 29 SAT-Writing and Language, 108 CPT-Sentence Skills or 276 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain forms and genres of creative literature, including prose and poetry.
- Analyze the process and techniques of more advanced creative writing.
- Critique various models of professional writing in various genres.
- Lead an advanced workshop of student-generated writing.
- Outline the process and procedures of more sophisticated and precise revision of prose and poetry.
- Analyze in greater detail concepts of plot, character, theme, narrative voice and point of view in poetry and prose and possibly other genres.
- Write a varied selection of literary texts.
- Apply revision strategies.
- Summarize the creative writing forms, techniques and strategies presented in course materials.
| ||206||147132||Creative Writing|| ||3||Dolgin S||$12.00||15/31/0||Open||T 03:00 PM-05:54 PM LA460
| ||206||112726||Creative Writing||Online||3||Lindenberg A||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||206||117134||Creative Writing|| ||3||Dolgin S||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||W 01:00 PM-03:54 PM LA470