English - ENG 205
Creative Writing (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Student creative writing may include work in poetry, short stories and drama. Some assignments will reflect student interests and abilities, while others may encourage students to expand their skills and discover new topics. Class activities will include critical evaluation of student work in individual conferences and writing workshops.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum placement test score of 22 ACT, 29 SAT or 108 CPT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain forms and genres of creative literature, including prose and poetry.
- Analyze the process and techniques of advanced creative writing.
- Discuss various models of professional writing in various genres.
- Lead a workshop of student generated writing.
- Outline the process and procedures of revising prose and poetry.
- Analyze the concepts of plot, character, theme, narrative voice and point of view in poetry and prose and possibly other genres.
- Write a varied selection of literary texts.
- Apply revision strategies.
- Summarize the creative writing forms, techniques, and strategies presented in course materials.
| ||205||147130||Creative Writing|| ||3||Dolgin S||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||T 03:00 PM-05:54 PM LA460
| ||205||132717||Creative Writing||Online||3||Lindenberg A||$12.00||19/31/0||Open||