English - ENG 106
Business English (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course examines verbal and nonverbal communication theories and methods relating to business. Students write business documents and apply a variety of methods for collecting and presenting data.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 55 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum score of 18 ACT-English, 25 SAT-Writing and Language, 71 CPT-Sentence Skills or 250 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the writing process in business communication (purpose, audience, topic, drafting, revising, editing and publishing).
- Construct short, written communications, including e-mails, memos and letters.
- Use direct and indirect formats in both written and oral communication.
- Revise writing for correctness, consistency and effectiveness.
- Edit writing for tone and readability.
- Complete a research-based business project.
- Translate applicable research into a formal business report using appropriate research methodology and ethical reporting standards.
- Demonstrate presentation skills applicable to the business environment.
- Develop collaborative and team management skills.
| ||106||142918||Business English||Online||3||Maheshwari A||$12.00||5/31/0||Open||
| ||106||141419||Business English|| ||3||Rybicka E||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||M W 10:00 AM-11:20 AM LA470
| ||106||141458||Business English|| ||3||Zorn L||$12.00||22/28/0||Open||R 06:00 PM-08:54 PM LA300
| ||106||142903||Business English||Online||3||Maheshwari A||$12.00||3/31/0||Open||
| ||106||111425||Business English|| ||3||Rybicka E||$12.00||22/28/0||Open||M W 09:00 AM-10:20 AM LA300
| ||106||111426||Business English|| ||3||Zorn L||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM LA460
| ||106||111457||Business English|| ||3||Zorn L||$12.00||27/28/0||Open||T 06:00 PM-08:54 PM LA300
| ||106||112918||Business English||Online||3||Maheshwari A||$12.00||10/31/0||Open||