Computer Information Systems - CIS 171
Introduction to Networking (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces students to the key concepts of data communications, telecommunications and networking. The course provides a solid introduction to networking fundamentals including key acronyms, protocols and components that are essential to understanding how networks operate today. Upon completion, the student will have a solid understanding of how information travels from a source computer to a destination computer across a complex network.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Compare the different types of hardware required in networking.
- Interpret output from networking software tools.
- Explore options for managing and optimizing networks.
- Characterize how protocols function within a layered communication system.
- Explain how addresses are used to exchange information.
- Investigate the flow of information between communicating network devices.
- Examine current technologies used in local area networks (LANs).
- Identify technologies used in wide area networks (WANs).
- Determine appropriate media and connectors for various networking scenarios.
| ||171||142845||Intro Networking|| ||3||Baron TS||$52.00||20/22/0||Open||W 01:00 PM-04:38 PM AS950
| ||171||047726||Intro Networking||OE/OE||3||Baron TS||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||171||142771||Intro Networking||Online||3||Schlick W||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||171||142874||Intro Networking|| ||3||Parker M||$52.00||22/22/0||Open||T 06:00 PM-08:52 PM AS950
| ||171||122771||Intro Networking||Online||3||Schlick W||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||
| ||171||112771||Intro Networking||Online||3||Baron TS||$12.00||4/31/0||Open||
| ||171||116800||Intro Networking||Hybrid||3||Schlick W||$52.00||11/20/0||Open||M 09:00 AM-11:52 AM AS950