Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 244
History of Animation (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This class will give students a context for understanding the rich and unique history of animation and graphic design. In addition to learning important milestones in these fields, students will develop their eye and their aesthetic appreciation of this kind of art. Students will be exposed to the historical contingencies that lead to different developments as well as to animations and graphic design from all over the world. This course will also stimulate students in their own creative endeavors in their chosen field.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the major figures and their contribution to animation and graphic design history.
- Explain within both an aesthetic and historical context why certain styles of animation were developed.
- Explain the nature and structure of visual communication and storytelling.
- Explain the progression of technological advances that make animation possible and their influences upon the art form.
- Identify the milestones of animation (early optical devices, sound, color, multi-plane cameras, 3d, etc.,) their details, and importance.
- Explain how business considerations (generating a revenue stream) have influenced the art form of animation.
- Analyze the role of politics and social norms in shaping animation (propaganda animation).
- Outline the path of animation through history as visual communication, in both an artistic and business framework, and its possible future directions.
| ||244||149353||History of Animation|| ||3||Mumm D||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||T 06:00 PM-08:52 PM BTC245
| ||244||119308||History of Animation|| ||3||Mumm D||$12.00||26/30/0||Open||R 04:00 PM-06:52 PM JC103