Business - BUS 220
Supervision (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
In this course you will discover how to become a successful and respected supervisor in the current contemporary workplace. Besides assessing your current supervisory traits, you will develop new skills addressing leadership, staff motivation, effective communication methods, problem-solving techniques, time management, multitasking and human relations. You will explore real-world situations and learn strategies to overcome a variety of challenges facing supervisors in a global and diverse workplace.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop strategies for energizing a workforce through leadership, motivation, and communication.
- Analyze the supervisor's role in management process.
- Illustrate current supervisory challenges in managing a global and diverse workforce.
- Assess supervisory approaches to contemporary workplace issues.
- Demonstrate essential business communication skills.
- Determine effective methods for dealing with ethical dilemmas from a supervisory point of view.
- Identify actions a supervisor can take to improve team performance.
- Explore human resource management practices including interviewing and appraising employees.
- Apply supervisory level problem solving and disciplinary techniques.
| ||220||142480||Supervision||Online||3||McCartney J||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||220||142379||Supervision||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||3/31/0||Open||
| ||220||142681||Supervision|| ||3||Bethel R||$12.00||24/30/0||Open||R 06:00 PM-08:52 PM AS710
| ||220||122379||Supervision||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||5/31/0||Open||
| ||220||132379||Supervision||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||17/31/0||Open||