Art and Design - ART 121
2D Design: Elements and Principles of Two-Dimensional Design (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course examines the elements and theories of two-dimensional design. Students investigate two-dimensional works of art for effective application of the elements and principles of design. In addition, color theory is studied.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify how two-dimensional works of art evoke emotion within the viewer.
- Explain how design impacts the intended audience.
- Compare and contrast the interrelationship of design with other various art forms.
- Summarize the elements and principles of design utilized in important two-dimensional historical works of art.
- Identify how artists effectively use the elements and principles of design in both fine and applied art.
- Summarize how artists apply basic color theory to two-dimensional design.
- Explain the elements and principles of design used to create effective two-dimensional compositions.
- Critique designs within a given set of conceptual and physical parameters.
- Create two-dimensional work of art effectively incorporate all elements and principles of design.
| ||121||140223||2D Design Elem Prin|| ||3||Sarris C||$37.00||1/20/0||Open||R 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F370
| ||121||110255||2D Design Elem Prin|| ||3||Imirzian P||$37.00||19/20/0||Open||T 06:00 PM-09:38 PM F370
| ||121||110224||2D Design Elem Prin|| ||3||Sarris C||$37.00||6/20/0||Open||R 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F370