What's the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)?
It allows you to complete your core or general education classes at Schoolcraft first (usually much more cost-effective) instead of at a four-year school (usually much more expensive).
The MTA is a statewide agreement that provides for the transfer of 30 college credits to meet many (and in some cases all) of the General Education requirements at a participating Michigan four-year college or university. You can complete these as part of an associate degree or as a standalone endorsement. Some stipulations apply, so work with your Schoolcraft academic advisor to select the right courses. The courses required for the MTA are:
- One course in English Composition
- A second course in English Composition or one course in Communications
- Two courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines)
- Two courses in Humanities and Fine Arts (from two disciplines excluding studio and performance classes)
- Two courses in Natural Sciences, including one with laboratory experience (from two disciplines)
- One course in Mathematics based on desired pathway (college algebra, statistics or quantitative reasoning)
You must have 30 or more total credits from these courses with grades of 2.0 or higher.
After completing the requirements, students can request the MTA endorsement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and Schoolcraft student ID number. View the MTA requirements with the link below.
Download the 2020-2021 MTA Requirements