Education, Human & Social Services
Students can also take courses in Anthropology, College and Beyond, Collegiate Skills, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. Talk to your advisor on how you can use these and other courses here at Schoolcraft College and to transfer to a 4-year degree.
Are you interested in…
- Teaching or mentoring others?
- Supporting people from disadvantaged backgrounds?
- Helping people in difficult circumstances find their way forward?
Education is the foundation for the way forward for everyone. For those who have a desire to play an important role in preparing the next generation for the brightest possible future, Schoolcraft College offers the excellent education and training that is needed for success in this ever-changing field.
“Always be proud to be an Ocelot. You are smart to be going to an institution that really cares about you and can give you so much in return for your hard work.”
Fourth Grade Teacher, Plymouth-Canton Community Schools
The free Career Coach online assessment tool matches your interests to potential career areas. With a simple keyword search, you can learn about employment prospects for a variety of careers, wage information and area job postings.
Career Coach also can help map an educational pathway, including degrees and certificates offered at Schoolcraft College, to help achieve your career goals.
Curriculum Defined by Industry Experts
A continuing dialogue with seasoned professionals helps ensure our curriculum delivers the education our students deserve and employers demand.
Early Childhood / Special Education Advisory Committee
- Jackie Beitz, Livonia Public Schools, Supervisor of School Age Child Care Program
- Carol Carignan, Livonia Public Schools, Coordinator of Student Services
- Seong Hong, University of Michigan Dearborn – Fairlane Center South, Early Childhood Education
- Dana Jones, Plymouth Canton Community Schools, Director of Early Childhood Education
- Cheryl McFail, New St. Paul Head Start, Executive Director
- Kari Paluk, Ward Preschool, Early Childhood Educator
- Lorna Parks, Childcare Family Home, Early Childhood Program Director/Owner
- Patricia Sargent, Dept. of Education, Office of Great start Education, Consultant
- Carrie Schade, Northville Public Schools, Special Education Teacher
- Mary Tomczyk, PhD, Madonna University, Director, Early Childhood and Child Development
- Carol Tresik, United Way, Regional Resource Director