Culinary, Brewing & Hospitality
Students can also take courses in Baking, Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and Nutrition & Food Science. Talk to your advisor on how you can use these and other courses here at Schoolcraft College and to transfer to a 4-year degree.
Are you interested in…
- Creating healthy and delicious meals?
- Making your own craft beers?
- Delivering exemplary customer service?
Schoolcraft’s culinary arts programs have a national reputation for quality, creativity, and culinary excellence and produce chefs who distinguish themselves at some of America’s and Europe’s most-recognized restaurants. An increased focus on nutrition and operations will help students land key positions upon graduation.
“As a former student of Schoolcraft college I would recommend highly going to Schoolcraft College because the caliber of chefs that work there. The vast majority of them are all certified master chefs and for those of you who don’t know it is a very very difficult feat to accomplish.”
Chef Nick Schmidt
Executive Chef, Garden City Hospital
The free Career Coach online assessment tool matches your interests to potential career areas. With a simple keyword search, you can learn about employment prospects for a variety of careers, wage information and area job postings.
Career Coach also can help map an educational pathway, including degrees and certificates offered at Schoolcraft College, to help achieve your career goals.
Curriculum Defined by Industry Experts
A continuing dialogue with seasoned professionals helps ensure our curriculum delivers the education our students deserve and employers demand.
Brewing and Distillation Technology Advisory Committee
- Tony Grant, Jolly Pumpkin, Money Wrangler
- Ronald Jeffries, Jolly Pumpkin, Founder, President
- Brad Jonckheere, Block Brewing, Company Brewer
- Pauline Knighton, Short’s Brewing Company, President of Fermentav
- Annette May, Know Beer Certified Cicerone
- Andrew Starnes, Rusted Crow, Spirits Distiller
- Joe Walters, Liberty Street Brewing, Company Owner
- Jon Wojtowicz, Short’s Brewing Company, Head of Beer Liberation and Field Representation
Culinary Arts Advisory Committee
- Emmet Barratta, Fairway Packing Co., Vice President
- Jim Bologna, Great Lakes Kitchen Supply, Sales
- Brian Henson, Andiamo’s, Executive Chef
- Kelli Lewton, 2 Unique Catering, Owner/Executive Chef
- Shawn Loving, Detroit Athletic Club, CMC/Executive Chef
- Josh Meeker, Phoenix Marketing, Corporate Chef, CEC
- James Oppat, Vicari Restaurant Group, Corporate Executive Chef
- Randall Smith, U.S. Foods, Director of Sales
- Terence Tarver, The Inn at St. John’s, Executive Chef
- Diana Woodward, Plymouth Canton High School Instructor, CEC