Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
Students can also take courses in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Networking Technology, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, and Physics. Talk to your advisor on how you can use these and other courses here at Schoolcraft College and to transfer to a 4-year degree.
Are You Interested In…
- Solving complex problems?
- Taking what you learn and applying it in the real world?
- Creating new products or technology?
A solid foundation in STEM paves the way to a variety of careers, including research, teaching and high-tech industry, manufacturing and business. The education at Schoolcraft can help students immediately succeed in a bachelor of science program at a four-year institutions or open the door to a career path.
“By the time I graduated from this wonderful institution, I not only knew what it was that I wanted to do with my life, but I also learned who I am, where I’m going, and how to get there.”
Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineer, ZF Group
The free Career Coach online assessment tool matches your interests to potential career areas. With a simple keyword search, you can learn about employment prospects for a variety of careers, wage information and area job postings.
Career Coach also can help map an educational pathway, including degrees and certificates offered at Schoolcraft College, to help achieve your career goals.
Curriculum Defined by Industry Experts
A continuing dialogue with seasoned professionals helps ensure our curriculum delivers the education our students deserve and employers demand.
Biomedical Engineering Technology Advisory Committee
- Jason Walewski, Ascension Macomb-Oakland, Hospital Site Manager
- Thomas Hulscher, Trinity Health, Clinical Engineering Director of Service
- Hassan Jizzine, Harper Hospital, Clinical Engineer
- Jeff Ross, Advanced Clinical Technology, CEO & Founder
- Joel Roy, Trinity Health, Clinical Engineering Manager
- Michael DeRossett, Trinity Health, Clinical Engineering Interim Director, CE Operations
- Michael Garon, Trinity Health, Clinical Engineering Regional Director
- Joel Herrmann, GE Healthcare, US & Canada Director of Service
- Chris Peters, University of Michigan, Clinical Engineer Supervisor
Computer Information Systems Advisory Committee
- Gretchen Alaniz, Adient Director – IT Audit, Internal Audit
- Jeff Borton, Schoolcraft College, Chief Technology Officer
- Michael Davenport, Trilogy Security, President and Principal Security Consultant
- Sandip Dholakiam, GM, Information Technology Security Architect, ECO & Compliance Lead – GDAT
- Kevin Germain, Creative Programs and Systems Founder
- Joseph Nasal, GE Corporate – Finance DT Cloud Leader Senior Director, Digital Operations
Computer Networking/Cybersecurity Advisory Committee
- Caleb Bellow, Logicalis, Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Stephanie Benkhalifa, Cyberforce|Q, Team and Talent Leader
- Lonnie Decker PhD, Davenport University, Department Chair, Networking Technology & Information Assurance
- Michael Parker, Sienna Heights University/Schoolcraft College, Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity/CIS& CNT faculty
- Leanna Stewart, Cyberforce|Q, Security Operations Center Manager
Environmental Studies Advisory Committee
- Corrie Fochler, Consumers Energy IT – GIS Team Supervisor
- Ulrich Kamp, University of Michigan-Dearborn, Department of Natural Scieces Professor of Earth & Environment
- Silverenia Kanoyton, Wayne State University & Schoolcraft
- Cheryl Kehres-Dietrich, Soil and Materials Engineers, Inc. Manager, Environmental Services
- Jim Miller, Hubble, Roth & Clark Inc., GIS Department Manager
- Sally Petrella, University of Michigan – Dearborn, Friends of the Rouge
- Doug Ritter, Ritter GIS, President
- Claudia Walters, University of Michigan – Dearborn, Assistant Research Scientist