Classification of Students
It’s important to know that your student classification may impact the amount of Financial Aid you can receive and/or enrollment verifications sent on your behalf.
- Freshman: Someone who has earned fewer than 26 credit hours.
- Sophomore: Someone who has earned 27-59 credit hours.
- Junior: Someone who has earned greater than 60 but less than 100 credit hours.
- Senior: Someone who as earned 100 or greater credit hours.
- Full-time: Someone enrolled in 12 or more credit hours during a fall or winter semester.
- Part-time: Someone enrolled in fewer than 12 credit hours during a fall or winter semester.
Special/Dual Student: High school student who is enrolled in Schoolcraft at the same time he/she is enrolled in a high school or home school curriculum.
- Advanced Standing: A student who has previously completed at least an associate degree at Schoolcraft or another college or university.