Third Party Billing/Sponsored Billing
Attention MET Students: If you will be using your MET Funds for the first time at Schoolcraft College. You must notify MET by calling (800) 638-4543.
Students must contact Student Accounts each semester they want to use their MET and Children of Vets funding.
Sponsored Billing is when a student’s tuition and fees will be paid by a third party, such as Michigan Works, Michigan Rehabilitation, Military Assistance or Michigan Education Trust, or a company. The sponsor must agree to make full payment regardless of a student’s grades or course completion. Written authorization from the sponsor must be submitted each term.
The college reserves the right to refuse sponsored billing accounts for reasons including, but not limited to delinquency or non-payment. When applicable, student reimbursement will not occur until payment is received from the sponsor.
The authorization must include the following:
- Sponsor’s name
- Billing address
- Contact name, phone and email
- Student’s name
- Schoolcraft Student ID or Social Security Number
- Term to be covered, i.e. Fall 2020
- Types of charges that are to be covered, such as tuition, fees, books and supplies, and the dollar amount if applicable
- If sponsor authorization is for specific courses, indicate the course name and number
- Instructions on how this voucher should be applied with Financial Aid/Scholarships. Sponsorships will be applied prior to any Financial Aid/scholarships.
- Authorized signature
The student is responsible for the total charges and must pay any charges not covered by the authorization in full by the payment due date. If for any reason, the sponsor refuses to pay for charges, the student will be held responsible. The student will be unable to register, access records or grades until paid in full. If necessary, the account will be referred to a collection agency, and reported to credit bureaus.
Important Information for Third Party Sponsors
Third party invoices for tuition and fees are prepared after add/drop period and bookstore purchase dates for the quarter in order to limit changes that might impact the amount due for tuition and fees. Invoices are mailed directly to the funding agency. Please keep in mind invoices can take until the end of the term to be prepared and submitted to the funding agency.
If the college is unable to collect from the funding agency within a reasonable amount of time, the student will become responsible for payment. The student will be notified by U.S. Postal Service when the funding agency has been mailed a final demand for payment.
Agencies should contact student account staff in Student Financial Services with any invoice questions.
It is the policy of the college to protect our students’ right to confidentiality. Sponsors must obtain information regarding transcript, and grades directly from the student.
Payments may be made by using one of the following options:
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Check – Make payable to Schoolcraft College and mail to:
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
- Remittance information is important to ensure the correct account is credited. (Please include sponsor id number, student name and academic term)
- Electronic Funds Transfer – Contact student accounts staff in Student Financial Services to obtain banking information. Include any information that would help identify the payment in the text portion of the transfer.
- Voucher/Authorization must include the following information:
- Student’s name and student ID number.
- Description and amount of allowable charges.
- Sponsor’s billing address, contact name and phone number.
- Semester of student sponsorship.
- Sponsor’s signature.
- Sponsor shall mail payment to the address provided on the invoice. Payment in full is due upon receipt of invoice.
- If the student is an employee of the sponsor and is terminated during the semester, the sponsor must pay as agreed and invoiced, and seek reimbursement directly from the student.
- If the student drops one or more of their classes after add/drop period, the sponsor must pay the full amount of tuition and fees as invoiced, and seek reimbursement from the student.
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide the college with a valid voucher/letter of authorization from their sponsor within 3 weekdays of registration to avoid being dropped from classes.
- Review periodically your Ocelot Access and SC mail to check for any unpaid balance. Students are responsible for charges not covered by the third party authorization.
- Any amount billed to the sponsor that they refuse to pay, will be charged back to the student’s registration account and must be paid by the student.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain their current contact information.
- Review authorization/contract upon receipt.
- Invoice the funding agency.
- Any refund resulting from an adjustment to the student’s registration after sponsor payment, will be returned to the sponsor.
Requests for adjustments to invoices must be made in writing to the Student Accounts office at [email protected]