Preparation for Welder Certification in Gas Metal Arc Welding (G.M.A.W./M.I.G.) (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
The need for "Certified Welders" continues to grow. Certification comes as a result of demonstration of competence by passing performance examinations. Although Schoolcraft College does not qualify or certify welders, the college can duplicate these tests, provide instruction in the proper welding procedure and provide the appropriate testing equipment to examine and evaluate the results. This course addresses competencies in gas metal arc welding, which is a semi-automatic wire feed welding process.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- WELD 115 or extensive welding experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the American Welding Society (A.W.S.) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (A.S.M.E.) Welder Qualification Examinations.
- Prepare steel plate for certification welds.
- Complete and pass a 2-G structural steel test on a 3/8" steel plate using the Gas Metal Arc Welding process.
- Identify proper wire used for certification welds.
- Complete and pass a 3-G structural steel test on a 3/8 " steel plate using the Gas Metal Arc Welding process.
- Determine proper voltages and wire speeds required for certification welding.
- Complete a 4-G certification weld on a 3/8" steel plate using the Gas Metal Arc Welding process.
- Demonstrate the proper inner pass cleaning procedure for multi pass welds.
- Complete and pass a 3-G certification weld for testing at Nation testing and research laboratories.
- Demonstrate skills in vertical up welding and out of position welding.
- Calculate welding wire speeds to obtain proper welding amperages.
- Manipulate welding gun to obtain the desired weld bead configuration according to specifications.
| ||211||148182||Prep for Weld Cert GMAW/MIG|| || ||McLean C||$289.00||0/15/0||Closed||
| ||211||117111||Prep for Weld Cert GMAW|| || ||McLean C||$289.00||8/15/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.