Nursing - NCLC
Medical Nursing (2.5-7.5) 5 Cr. Hrs.
This course emphasizes application of the nursing process and critical thinking skills while utilizing evidence-based principles of nursing in caring for adult clients experiencing medical alterations within the practical and registered nurse scope of practice. Theoretical content focuses on cardiovascular, renal, endocrine and immune system alterations as well as fluid/electrolyte and acid base balance. Clinical experiences are provided in acute and community settings utilizing an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to clients with cardiovascular system alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with hematopoietic alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with renal system alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with select endocrine system alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disturbances.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with shock.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with immune system alterations.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized computer assessments.
| ||124||125710||Medical Nursing|| ||5||Campbell T||$500.00||32/32/0||Open||
| ||124||115700||Medical Nursing|| ||5||Campbell T||$500.00||5/32/0||Open||
| ||124||115701||Medical Nursing|| ||5||Maheras N||$500.00||0/32/0||Closed||
| ||124||115704||Medical Nursing|| ||5||Campbell T||$500.00||2/32/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.