Intermediate Algebra for College Students
Review of algebraic operations; problem solving strategies; integer and rational exponents; complex numbers; solving equations; function concept; graphs and applications of linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic functions; and systems of equations are the topics covered in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 53 or equivalent with grade of 2.0 or better.
- Placement test is available in the Assessment Center.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Solve linear and quadratic equations and related applications using one variable.
- Solve equations that are quadratic in form and related applications using one variable.
- Solve radical equations and related applications using one variable.
- Solve rational equations and related applications using one variable.
- Solve exponential and logarithmic equations and related applications using one variable.
- Transform complex fractions into simplest form.
- Transform radical expressions to simplest form.
- Transform expressions with integer and rational exponents to simplest form.
- Solve linear systems of equations algebraically and graphically.
- Translate application problems into a linear system.
- Solve simple and compound linear inequalities in one variable both algebraically and graphically.
- Solve second degree inequalities in one variable both algebraically and graphically.
- Solve first degree inequalities in two variables both algebraically and graphically.
- Solve inequalities and equations containing absolute value both algebraically and graphically.
- Solve applications of functions involving two variables.
- Determine the inverse of a function algebraically or graphically.
- Graph quadratic functions.
- Graph exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Graph circles.
| ||113||112453||Intermediate Algebra ||Online||4||Kavanaugh E||$30.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||113||112489||Intermediate Algebra ||Online||4||Kerr S||$30.00||20/31/0||Open||
| ||113||112310||Intermediate Algebra ||Online||4||Mingela A||$30.00||0/31/1||Closed||
| ||113||112490||Intermediate Algebra ||Online||4||Mingela A||$30.00||2/31/0||Open||
| ||113||112911||Intermediate Algebra ||Online||4||Lazarski A||$30.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||113||112983||Intermediate Algebra ||Online||4||Lazarski A||$30.00||22/31/0||Open||
| ||113||113021||Intermediate Algebra || ||4||Yemets A|| ||0/31/3||Closed||
|T R ||02:30PM-04:56PM||BTC320|