Comprehensive Study of Human Body Systems 2 (3-2) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This is the second of three courses on the human body systems as they relate to the practice of massage therapy. It continues with the principles of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathology and pharmacology. A combination of lecture and lab, students are presented with a decision making model for critical thinking. Students will learn about the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems in a theoretical and hands-on manner. Students will also continue the exploration of concepts, terminology and structures of movement.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Outline the structures, functions and common pathologies of the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
- Characterize the common pathologies of the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
- Evaluate the potential effect of massage therapies on common pathologies of the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
- Identify the interaction of common pharmacologic agents to massage therapy applications.
- Justify the application of therapeutic massage to support health maintenance for the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
- Evaluate treatment findings and therapeutic results with appropriate terminology.
- Identify the need for medical referral to other health care practitioners.
- Demonstrate the actions of the individual skeletal muscles and muscle groups.
- Assess the attachments and tissue conditions of the individual skeletal muscles.
- Explore the coordinating actions of skeletal muscle movement.
- Summarize the neuromuscular interactions in a healthy client.
- Investigate causes and effects of neuromuscular dysfunctions.
- Formulate therapeutic interventions for neuromuscular dysfunctions.
| ||123||227806||Study Human Body Systems 2 ||Hybrid||4||Travis L||$154.00||17/18/0||Open||
| ||123||217854||Study Human Body System 2 ||Hybrid||4||Travis L||$154.00||8/18/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.