Medical Office Clinical Procedures
This course is designed to introduce the student to examination techniques, injections, minor surgery, medications and pharmacology, sterilization procedures and autoclave.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the technique for temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure readings.
- Prepare patient for examination.
- Apply the theories of sterile techniques.
- Demonstrate use of instruments.
- Demonstrate methods of sterilization.
- Administer medications.
- Identify narcotics and emergency drugs.
- Demonstrate maintenance of equipment in the clinical area.
- Apply theory of basic disinfectants.
- Identify diagnostic tests performed in specialists’ offices.
- Interpret treatments, differentiation of diets and physical therapy modalities.
- Demonstrate telephone and office emergency procedures.
- Calculate common fractions, decimals and percents as ratios.
- Identify terms used in metric, apothecary, and household measures.
- Calculate dosage to be given from drug stock.
- Calculate dosage for an injection in terms of strength of drug on hand.
| ||180||215613||Med Office Clinical Procedures|| ||4||Donahee-Rader M||$226.00||3/24/0||Open||