Elementary German 1
This course is intended for students who have no previous education in German. The course will cover basic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of German culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning German texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in beginning German.
- Discriminate distinctive beginning German sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken beginning German.
- Pronounce beginning German words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak German clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning German vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of beginning German grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in beginning German through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of beginning German and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this beginning German course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the German language and culture.
| ||101||140403||Elementary German 1|| ||4||Suess A|| ||4/25/0||Open||
| ||101||142721||Elementary German 1 ||Online||4||Suess A||$30.00||19/31/0||Open||
| ||101||110408||Elementary German 1|| ||4||Rothstein B|| ||28/28/0||Open||
| ||101||112474||Elementary German 1 ||Online||4||Suess A||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.