World Regional Geography (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
World Regional Geography includes a systematic study of the world's geographic realms, including Europe, United States-Canada, Russia, Middle America, South America, Southwest Asia, Southeast Asia, East Asia, Subsaharan Africa and Australia-New Zealand. Geographic concepts, such as map reading and spatial analysis, are first introduced. Then, the world is classified into geographic realms using both physical and social criteria. Each realm results from a unique interaction between the human societies and the physical and biological environment. The physical, cultural, political and social features of each realm are studied, along with any special regional concerns or problems.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Use a map to identify major countries, major cities, rivers and landforms.
- Differentiate geographic concept terms, such as site and situation, devolution, formal and functional regions that are used to describe regions.
- Develop map reading skills.
- Interpret both global and regional thematic maps.
- Classify the world into realms, areas of similarity, using physical, cultural and economic factors.
- Explain global patterns of topography, climate, vegetation, soils and hydrography.
- Analyze the global and regional distribution of people.
- Analyze spatial problems using geographic methodology.
- Apply the geographic methodology to each world region by integrating relevant physical, economic, cultural and political data.
- Explain the major geographic characteristics for each of the world's major realms.
- Explain some of the positive and negative characteristics of globalization.
- Compare the world's realms in terms of physical, economic and cultural geography.
- Evaluate geographic models that describe the relationship between the natural environment and human modification of the landscape.
| ||133||142434||World Regional Geography ||Online|| ||O'Connell D||$12.00||7/31/0||Open||
| ||133||047772||World Regional Geography ||OE/OE|| ||Hewlett R||$12.00||5/31/0||Open||
| ||133||142925||World Regional Geography ||Online|| ||O'Connell D||$12.00||6/31/0||Open||
| ||133||144701||World Regional Geography|| || ||Ndukwe E||$12.00||0/28/0||Closed||
| ||133||144790||World Regional Geography|| || ||Ndukwe E||$12.00||2/28/0||Open||
| ||133||246063||World Regional Geography|| || ||Ndukwe E||$12.00||14/28/0||Open||
| ||133||112735||World Regional Geography ||Online|| ||Hewlett R||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||133||017791||World Regional Geography ||OE/OE|| ||Hewlett R||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||133||112434||World Regional Geography ||Online|| ||O'Connell D||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||133||112933||World Regional Geography ||Online|| ||Hewlett R||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||133||114703||World Regional Geography|| || ||Ndukwe E||$12.00||28/28/0||Open||
| ||133||114752||World Regional Geography|| || ||Ndukwe E||$12.00||28/28/0||Open||
| ||133||216254||World Regional Geography|| || ||Ndukwe E||$12.00||28/28/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.