Statics (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to teach the student vector analysis of forces and moments in two- and three-dimensions. Equilibrium of particles and rigid bodies will be determined. Beams and trusses will be analyzed. Problems involving friction, center of gravity, moments of inertia and virtual work will be solved. This course is designed as an engineering transfer course. Transferability of this course into the desired engineering program should be confirmed with the transfer office.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Express force vectors in Cartesian vector notation.
- Calculate solutions to vector problems.
- Construct free body diagrams.
- Solve equilibrium problems utilizing Newton's laws.
- Calculate the moment of a force.
- Calculate the moment of a couple.
- Resolve a simple distributed loading to a single force at a specified location.
- Determine the forces in trusses.
- Analyze the forces in frames composed of pin connected members.
- Analyze the forces in machines composed of pin connected members.
- Determine internal loading in members using method of sections.
- Analyze the forces in cables.
- Analyze the forces in rigid bodies due to friction.
- Calculate the centroid of a geometric section.
- Calculate center of gravity of a rigid body.
- Calculate the center of gravity of a system of particles.
- Calculate the moment of inertia for a geometric section.
- Calculate the mass moment of inertia.
| ||201||142310||Statics ||Online||3||Zaccone L||$12.00||15/31/0||Open||
| ||201||143502||Statics|| ||3||Pollack L||$12.00||15/22/0||Open||
| ||201||112462||Statics ||Online||3||Staff||$12.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||201||113502||Statics|| ||3||Pollack L||$12.00||24/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.