Introduction to Corrections
This course blends theory and operational knowledge for corrections. Students learn about the early development of corrections, sentencing, prisons, probation, parole, prisoner rights, community corrections, the role of the correctional officer and current concerns.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the different components of corrections.
- Analyze the impact corrections has on other criminal justice agencies.
- Explain the key issues in the sentencing process.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of capital punishment.
- Investigate the realities of prison life.
- Summarize the impact past incarceration practices has on correctional institutions.
- Explain the importance of the correctional funnel.
- Analyze the role of courts on corrections and the issues now being litigated.
- Assess the concepts of parole and probation.
- Analyze the different problems and issues created by juvenile and special offenders.
- Summarize the different management styles utilized in the field today.
- Analyze the future trends likely in corrections.
| ||110||142474||Intro Corrections ||Online||3||Cavan P||$30.00||3/31/0||Open||
| ||110||347602||Intro Corrections|| ||3||Hummer H|| ||0/31/1||Closed||
| ||110||347652||Intro Corrections|| ||3||Hummer H|| ||3/31/0||Open||
| ||110||112973||Intro Corrections ||Online||3||Cavan P||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||110||317601||Intro Corrections|| ||3||Hummer H|| ||31/31/0||Open||
| ||110||317655||Intro Corrections|| ||3||Hummer H|| ||31/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.