Communication for Leaders (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is an exploratory examination of the leadership role within today’s professional arena. The course is designed as an overview to develop communication awareness and effectiveness in teams of leaders within the community, corporate interviews, small group discussions and problem-solving in staff meetings and presentations as well as an examination of communication barriers.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Write effectively using well-researched statements.
- Speak effectively using well-researched statements.
- Interpret written and oral communications accurately.
- Compare various forms of problem solving.
- Demonstrate the role of a leader in verbal presentations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in small groups.
- Differentiate the key factors necessary for effective listening.
- Demonstrate effective communication with confidence.
- Conduct field research.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.