Juvenile Justice (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
The purpose of this course is to study problems of juvenile delinquency and the theories that explain juvenile delinquency. Attention will be given to the work of youth agencies, legislative involvement and new approaches to the prevention of juvenile crime.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze the nature and extent of juvenile crime.
- Examine the causative factors associated with youthful violators.
- Explore legal rights of juveniles.
- Identify prevention and treatment techniques of juveniles.
- Summarize the legal concept of delinquency.
- Assess social forces in delinquency.
- Explore the family’s influence on delinquency.
- Analyze juvenile gangs and groups.
- Evaluate the role of the school in delinquency prevention.
- Assess the juvenile institutionalization and aftercare treatment systems.
| ||221||142900||Juvenile Justice ||Online|| ||Cramb R||$12.00||14/31/0||Closed||
| ||221||347024||Juvenile Justice|| || ||Bolling J||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||
| ||221||347060||Juvenile Justice|| || ||Pfannes D||$12.00||20/31/0||Open||
| ||221||112301||Juvenile Justice ||Online|| ||Cramb R||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||221||317009||Juvenile Justice|| || ||Pfannes D||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||
| ||221||317058||Juvenile Justice|| || ||Pfannes D||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.