Criminal Law and Procedure
This course is a study of the elements of criminal law, its purposes and function. The course will focus on the laws of arrest, search and seizure, rights and duties of officers and citizens. Students will study the elements necessary to establish crime and criminal intent, sources of criminal law, criminal responsibility and general court procedures.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Differentiate between civil and criminal law.
- Identify the fundamental components of criminal law.
- Explore the physical and mental requirements of a criminal act.
- Evaluate the affirmative defenses available.
- Investigate the elements of homicide and other assaultive crimes.
- Outline sex offenses and other offenses to the family relationship.
- Compare the elements of theft, robbery, burglary and other related offenses.
- Summarize the law regarding search and seizure and the 4th Amendment.
- Explain the proper method for conducting corporeal and photographic line-ups.
- Examine crimes involving narcotic drugs and alcoholic beverages.
| ||211||142704||Criminal Law & Procedure ||Online||3||Kirshner B||$30.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||211||347012||Criminal Law & Procedure|| ||3||Courie J|| ||5/31/0||Open||
| ||211||347021||Criminal Law & Procedure|| ||3||Courie J|| ||2/31/0||Open||
| ||211||347054||Criminal Law & Procedure|| ||3||Courie J|| ||15/31/0||Open||
| ||211||112902||Criminal Law & Procedure ||Online||3||Kirshner B||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||211||317006||Criminal Law & Procedure|| ||3||Courie J|| ||31/31/0||Open||
| ||211||317017||Criminal Law & Procedure|| ||3||Courie J|| ||31/31/0||Open||
| ||211||317056||Criminal Law & Procedure|| ||3||Courie J|| ||31/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.