Introduction to Criminal Justice System (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course covers the overall system of criminal justice from crime detection to the release and revocation of prisoners. The student will examine the role of law enforcement officers, corrections officers, probation officers, defense attorneys, prosecutors and judges as they relate to the defendant. The student will analyze the components of the system (law enforcement, courts and corrections) with emphasis on their interrelationships and expectations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze the structures found in criminal justice agencies (police, courts, and corrections).
- Classify various crimes, criminals, and victims.
- Explain criminal behavior in terms of various theories of criminality.
- Differentiate the various constitutional limits on criminal law.
- Outline the various missions, roles, and strategies of police in America.
- Summarize the relationship between the police and the constitution in regard to arrests, searches and interrogations.
- Explore courtroom procedures including trial, plea, and sentencing.
- Evaluate community corrections and prison life.
- Explore the constitutional and historic aspects of the juvenile justice system.
| ||113||142981||Intro Criminal Justice System ||Online||3||Scott T||$12.00||5/31/0||Open||
| ||113||347000||Intro Criminal Justice System|| ||3||Madsen J||$12.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||113||347092||Intro Criminal Justice System|| ||3||Madsen J||$12.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||113||112482||Intro Criminal Justice System ||Online||3||Scott T||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||113||317004||Intro Criminal Justice System|| ||3||Madsen J||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||113||317053||Intro Criminal Justice System|| ||3||Madsen J||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.