Police Field Operations (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a practical study of purposes, methods, types and means of law enforcement patrol, accident prevention and effective traffic control interviewing techniques. Students will learn about crimes in progress, stress survival and use of force. Training will be received on proper methods of conducting preliminary investigations, unlawful assembly and riot control.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the objectives of Police Field Operations and the activities of the Patrol Division.
- Prepare concise police reports relevant to observations, events and witnesses' accounts of the incidents.
- Apply appropriate interview techniques on eyewitnesses and suspects to a crime.
- Examine the procedures taken in routine and emergency calls for help.
- Distinguish the principles of arrest, search and seizure and custody as prescribed by Supreme Court decisions.
- Demonstrate procedures utilized to enforce traffic laws and direct the orderly flow of traffic.
- Explain the thirteen step procedure for disaster response.
- Examine response tactics for crimes against persons and property.
- Analyze ten life threatening situations and the police officer's response to each one to reduce the threat of danger.
| ||107||347017||Police Field Operations|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||107||347053||Police Field Operations|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||23/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.