Computer Information Systems
IT Project Management
This course presents the fundamental principles, practices and tools necessary to effectively manage Information Technology projects. Nine project management knowledge areas will be applied including integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk and procurement. The five process groups - initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing - will be employed in IT projects. Examples of various Microsoft projects will be utilized to help reinforce some of the concepts.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Basic knowledge and/or experience in the field of IT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain what a project is.
- Summarize the project management profession.
- Identify information technology projects.
- Explore what's critical to a project's success.
- Examine the five project management process groups.
- Identify the process of monitoring and controlling the project.
- Examine how software can assist in project management.
- Explore Gantt charts.
- Explore PERT charts.
| ||251||017727||IT Project Management ||OE/OE||3||Towner M||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.