Computer Information Systems
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop applications in Microsoft Visual Basic.NET for the Microsoft.NET platform. The course focuses on user interfaces, program structure, language syntax and implementation details. It is recommended that students have experience using Microsoft Windows before taking this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create a simple Visual Basic.NET-based application.
- Create windows forms.
- Create different types of variables.
- Create various sub-procedures and functions.
- Explore different decision structures.
- Examine different loop structures.
- Create different file structures to save and access data.
- Explore a variety of built-in controls.
- Explore a variety of conditional expressions.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.