Computer Information Systems
Introduction to Computer Based Systems
In today's world of rapid technological advances, the prevalence of computers in the home and the office increases the demand for computer literacy and competency. The intent of this course is to help you become competent and comfortable in using computers to achieve professionalism in your chosen field of endeavor. A variety of topics will be addressed, such as computer hardware and software, the internet and Web resources, networking and security and mobile computing.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Recommended: Computer and keyboarding experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the major components of a computer and their function.
- Differentiate between the various web resources used for communication and collaboration.
- Use the Internet and web resources to complete a task.
- Explore application software used for tasks such as productivity, media creation, fun and business.
- Explore system software used for operating systems, utility programs, and file management.
- Evaluate your computer system to determine your hardware needs.
- Explain the management of digital data and devices.
- Differentiate between the types of databases.
- Explore computer networking and security.
- Explain how the internet works.
- Apply ethics to technology related scenarios.
- Examine how computers are used in a variety of careers.
| ||115||112377||Intro Computer Based Systems ||Online||3||Murphy S||$30.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112818||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Lee C||$40.00||22/22/0||Open||
| ||115||112495||Intro Computer Based Systems ||Online||3||McPherson D||$30.00||26/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112819||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Lee C||$40.00||7/24/0||Open||
| ||115||017720||Intro Computer Based Systems ||OE/OE||3||Boron J||$30.00||23/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112324||Intro Computer Based Systems ||Online||3||McPherson D||$30.00||6/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112483||Intro Computer Based Systems ||Online||3||McPherson D||$30.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112804||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Pearlman A||$40.00||10/24/0||Open||
| ||115||112805||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Cox V||$40.00||14/24/0||Open||
| ||115||112841||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Pearlman A||$40.00||20/24/0||Open||
| ||115||112845||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||McAllister B||$40.00||17/24/0||Open||
| ||115||112851||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Laird A||$40.00||17/24/0||Open||
| ||115||216097||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Laird A||$40.00||22/24/0||Open||
| ||115||216225||Intro Computer Based Systems|| ||3||Pearlman A||$40.00||13/24/0||Open||