Child and Family Services
Infant and Toddler Care (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to prepare students to provide care for infants and toddlers in group care settings. Students will learn the essential ingredients in infant and toddler care and will learn to match caregiving strategies to very young children as they develop. A holistic emphasis focuses on the development of a curriculum which provides for the physical, emotional, social and cognitive development of infants and toddlers.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate infant early care and education settings.
- Evaluate toddler early care and education settings.
- Outline an environment that is secure yet stimulating for infants and toddlers.
- Design a form to record how infants needs are met daily.
- Develop materials to stimulate infant and toddler learning.
- Produce activities for infants and toddlers in a child care setting.
- Demonstrate how to communicate with families, in a positive way, regarding their infant or toddler’s day in child care.
- Verify the Child Protection Law as related to mandated reporters.
- Interpret the ten principles of caregiving for infants and toddlers.
| ||118||140304||Infant & Toddler Care|| ||3||Baker S A||$37.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||118||120321||Infant & Toddler Care|| ||3||Grace E||$25.00||19/24/0||Open||
| ||118||117860||Infant & Toddler Care ||Hybrid||3||Grace E||$25.00||11/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.