Human Resource Management (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
In this course, you will be introduced to the dynamic role of human resource management in supporting an organization's mission and objectives. You will explore the legal influences on selecting, managing and retaining human resources. You will prepare valid selection instruments to conduct effective interviews and performance reviews. We will discuss contemporary employment issues and global human resource concerns. You will become knowledgeable about the various systems and practices to help build a skilled and motivated workforce.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the functions and responsibilities of strategic human resource management in support of the organizational mission and objectives.
- Outline the major human resource functions, including strategic planning, recruitment, employment, training and development, compensation and benefits and employee relations departments.
- Summarize the laws affecting equal employment, human resource selection and development, safety and health, compensation and benefits and employee relations.
- Prepare valid job specifications and selection instruments including application blanks, employment tests and interview questions.
- Prepare valid selection instruments to conduct effective interviews and performance reviews.
- Determine how globalization affects human resource management practices and decisions.
- Analyze dynamic personnel problems.
- Outline the various methods of compensation management and the mechanics of each of the major job evaluation systems.
- Explore issues of employee rights and the role of ethics in the management of human resources.
| ||230||142730||Human Resource ||Online||3||Feldbauer J||$12.00||25/31/0||Open||
| ||230||122730||Human Resource Management ||Online||3||Feldbauer J||$30.00||24/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.