Operating a Small Business (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to explore the many considerations involved in owning and operating a small business. The course will emphasize the operation of a small business including insurance, employee relations, inventory control, purchasing, e-commerce, succession planning, financing, international business, legal and ethical issues.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 or minimum placement test score of 22 ACT, 29 SAT or 108 CPT.
- BUS 103 (or may be taken concurrently).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine risk management programs in a small business.
- Develop human resource management practices for small business.
- Evaluate family business succession plans.
- Explore basic business law principles.
- Justify vendor selection and inventory control procedures.
- Select debt and equity finance options for a small business.
- Analyze E-commerce opportunities for small business.
- Apply business ethics and social responsibility to small business practices.
- Assess small business practices in the global marketplace.
| ||104||142632||Operating Small Business|| ||3||Ontko S||$12.00||28/30/0||Open||
| ||104||142957||Operating Small Business ||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||104||132415||Operating a Small Business ||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||104||112957||Operating Small Business ||Online||3||Viksne E||$12.00||10/31/0||Open||
| ||104||112315||Operating Small Business ||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||
| ||104||112609||Operating Small Business|| ||3||Ontko S||$12.00||19/30/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.